Trustworthy Probate Guidance
Administering an estate is a serious responsibility as well as a privilege. Close family members and other trusted individuals such as close friends often take on this role. A will may specify who should execute the will or, if this is not the case, a court may appoint an executor.
The responsibilities associated with being named as a personal representative typically come about at a stressful time after a loved one dies. Even more challenging is the fact that most people taking on these roles are doing so for the first time.
At Ryan J. Lewis, P.C., LLO, an experienced probate lawyer is ready to help. I will walk you through the process with reassurance. I will answer any questions you might have at every step along the way. I can guide you from the outset or come on board to help you at any point in the probate process.
Fulfilling The Responsibilities Of Estate Administration
I can assist you in fulfilling the responsibilities of a personal representative as follows:
- Locating and analyzing the will
- Creating an inventory of assets and debts
- Setting up a bank account for the estate
- Managing the payment of debts and expenses
- Preparing tax documents
- Distributing assets
- Closing the estate
This process may take several months or even a year or longer. I am efficient and conscientious about keeping my legal services cost-effective. If I am your probate attorney, I will keep you on track, communicate clearly and facilitate efficient, accurate completion through all phases of the process.
I can also help you meet special challenges such as the following:
- If there is no will, I can help you petition the probate court to appoint you as the personal representative.
- If a will contest develops, I can create a strategy to overcome it.
- I can help you avoid legal challenges or resolve them if a beneficiary or creditor questions your actions.
- If you are a trustee, I can guide you in the administration of one or more trusts that you are responsible for.
Contact An Experienced Estate Administration Attorney
Discuss your situation and concerns with me. I am ready to lift your burdens, and help you move lawfully and in a timely manner through the probate and estate administration process.
Call 402-503-9598 or send an email inquiry to schedule a consultation and get answers to your questions without delay.